I decided to take advantage of the fact that we had a babysitter booked and made plans for Jeremy and I to go out for dinner. It's been so long since we've been on a date. We usually try to go once a month (more if time & money allow), but between someone being sick for the past couple months, extra meetings (we have some church stuff going on and I'm on the board), being away for spring break..., I don't think we have been on a date since Valentine's Day! We were long overdue!
I don't know about you, but for Jeremy & I, we notice that we start to squabble more and have less patience and understanding for each other when we haven't had a date for awhile. We seemed to be getting to that point again, so despite the fact that I am fighting getting sick AGAIN, we decided to go for it! And I'm so glad we did.
We received a $100 gift card awhile back (it pays to go listen to a "schpeel" every now & then!). So after confirming the sitter, I called Jeremy to make sure he'd be home on time and got supper made for the kids (gotta love mac & cheese!). When Jeremy knew we were going on a date, he brought home a sleek, blue, convertible Mustang for us to drive for our date - one of the perks of having your husband as a manager of a car & truck rental business!
We went to the KEG - a wonderful (expensive) steakhouse that fortunately, is in our city (it saves money on having to pay the babysitter for travel time). With the gift card, we were able to have a free dinner! I'm all for free dinners! We didn't take our camera with us so I don't have any pictures to share, but we enjoyed our appetizers, fabulous steak dinners and drinks. I don't like alcohol so I always ask for a mixture of fruit juices with a bit of Sprite / 7-Up. It's cheaper and I love the flavors!When we got to the restaurant I wasn't all that hungry (I was starving 2 hours before so I had a little something to eat and wasn't quite hungry yet) so we took our time. We ordered our drinks and appetizers. After enjoying those, we ordered our entrees. By the time our food arrived I was ready to eat! It was a perfect way to linger and enjoy ourselves, not feeling rushed or stuffed and we were able to have a relaxed conversation. It is always nice to get away from the kids and have a conversation where you can finish your sentances and thoughts!
We got were able to get home at a decent time but knew that the kids would be sleeping. I always figure what's the point in going out in the evening if you only have to come home and put the kids to bed!
All in all, we had a great time! Life feels good again!





1 comment:
I'm glad you took the opportunity you had and were able to enjoy an evening out. Time together visiting without interuptions are wonderful!
Karen (sis)
Post a Comment