Saturday, April 26, 2008

Birthday Party Fun!

We celebrated Rebecca's birthday today with her friends. She had 3 little friends from church come to help her celebrate.

I won the "You're the Best Mom Award" by finding matching plastic tablecloth, plates & cups that have the Disney princesses on them! Becca enjoys pretty much any of the girly stuff out there, but if it has princesses on it - BONUS!

The sun was shining and quite warm today so we just let the kids play outside or in Becca's bedroom rather than any organized games. They had fun jumping on the trampoline, playing on the tire swing and playing "house" inside with the dolls.

We had the party over lunch time so sat them down to a kid-friendly mac 'n cheese lunch with a fruit tray. The kids loved all of it and actually ate better than I expected.

After they ate, we set up bowls of icing and sprinkles on the table for the kids to decorate their own mini cupcakes. This was a combined idea of mine & Becca's. After they gobbled those down (they decorated two each because time was running out!), I lit the candles and brought out Becca's cake.

Funny thing - all week Becca just talked about being able to decorate the mini cupcakes with her friends. She never at all mentioned about having a regular cake. So I figured I'd let the kids decorate the minis, display them nicely, put 4 candles in them and that would be the "cake". But last night Becca kept saying that we forgot about her cake (yesterday was her actual birthday). So, 9pm last night - after a quick trip to Michael's - I was baking a heart-shaped cake and this morning while Jeremy took the kids to the chiropractor, I decorated the cake! It wasn't anything fancy but it seemed to do the trick. Whew!

After washing up from the cake, Becca opened up her gifts - just in time for the parents to pick up their children. Perfect timing! All in all, it was a good party! Now to get used to the fact that my little girl, my youngest is 4!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks like the party was a success! You did a great job on the cake as well. Nothing like getting things done in the nick of time and having everything turn out great! Well done, Karen (sis)

A Captured Reflection said...

So lovely, great cake and looked like your daughter had heaps of fun! My daughter turns 5 this coming week...growing up so fast now...where does time go?