Friday, February 15, 2008

Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day!
Jeremy's days off got switched around a bit for this week so he was off yesterday. He took advantage of that and took Rebecca out for lunch - just her and Daddy! When he first asked her if she would like to go out for lunch just the two of them, she said, "No! I want to go with just Mommy!" Are you kidding me?! You're with me every day, all day, you don't see Daddy at all during the days and you still want to hang out with me?! Aaaaggghhh! (Don't worry - I didn't say that to her - it was just loud and clear in my thoughts!). One thing I'm learning about my daughter is that she is a lot like me - doesn't like change. So, when I look at her answer from that perspective, I can understand why she said "No!".

After a little convincing from Daddy, she began getting excited about their special date! She got to choose where they would go. She immediately chose the restaurant - they give the kids a little box of Smarties at the end! What kid wouldn't like that?!

First thing in the morning, Becca had her long, pretty purple dress on. She was ready to go by 7:30 in the morning! I put her hair into ponytails and off she went with Daddy for their lunch date. I still had "my little guy" for the day so I wasn't completely free.

Here are some pictures Jeremy and Becca took while on their date!
Jeremy took this of Becca

Becca took this of Jeremy

Daddy & Becca enjoying their special date together!

Meanwhile, Daniel was at school exchanging Valentine cards, enjoying a "Friendship Fruit Salad" with his class, Pizza Day for lunch and choir after school. Jeremy and Becca picked him up after choir. They went shopping and bought me this pretty necklace! Shortly after, our babysitter came and Jeremy and I headed out for the evening. We had a wonderful dinner. Here is a picture our waitress took of us.After we rolled ourselves out of the restaurant with our leftovers in tow, we had about 1 1/2hrs until we were to meet some friends for coffee. What do you do when you have time to kill but are too full to do anything active? Shop, of course! Jeremy went in one direction and I went to Reitman's (my favorite clothing store!). I wasn't going to buy anything unless it fit perfectly, needed it, loved it and was on sale. I happened to find a light grey, super soft sweater. I'm always looking for warm cozy tops. I did restrain myself somewhat and put another top back. Anyway, after that quick shopping and meeting up with each other for a little browsing / dreaming at Linens 'n Things, we went to meet our friends for coffee. We had a great time visiting with them and ended up staying until the coffee shop closed! We were both tired when we got home but thoroughly enjoyed ourselves during the evening.

Today I am working on Jeremy's gift and will give it to him tonight. I can't give any clues in case he reads this but I might just write about it tomorrow.

I hope you had an enjoyable Valentine's Day whether you spent it with your sweetie, your kids, friends or by yourself.

3 comments:

Susan said...

How sweet. The father-daughter relationship is such a precious one. Sounds like you guys had a grand time, too. Happy Valentines!!!
Susan

The Olson's: said...

Rebecca was very thrilled in the end to have her special time with Daddy!

Anonymous said...

What a great Valentines you all had! It is wonderful that you have pictures to go with your memories. We had dinner at home with the kids and put a tablecloth on the table with candles and wine glasses with juice. The lights were dimmed and we had a nice romantic family dinner! Ernie sent Kathleen and I flowers at school. They were silk flowers with lots of chocolates on stems. It was beautiful as well as yummy!
Happy Valentines Day!
Love Ernie, Karen, Paul, Douglas and Kathleen.