Monday, April 7, 2008

Movie Review

During Spring Break, my sister and I rented a movie called "The Ultimate Gift".

Plugged In Online describes "The Ultimate Gift" in the following way: "As the self-absorbed grandson of billionaire oil baron Red Stevens, Jason Stevens lacks nothing—except purpose. But when the old tycoon dies and leaves behind an unorthodox will, Jason embarks on a journey that will yield an inheritance cash alone could never match."

As the movie plays out, Jason Stevens begins to learn 12 important lessons (as listed on Wikipedia.org):
  1. The gift of Work
  2. The gift of Problems
  3. The gift of Friends
  4. The gift of Giving
  5. The gift of Gratitude
  6. The gift of Family
  7. The gift of Learning
  8. The gift of Money
  9. The gift of Laughter
  10. The gift of a Day
  11. The gift of Dreams
  12. The gift of Love (which leads to the Ultimate Gift)
The movie reviews weren't all favorable, but I loved it for it's strong message that money isn't the most important thing in the world, even if you have billions of it! And the fact that they mentioned God, and even Jesus, both in a positive light was a plus for me. There were some downsides to it (alcohol, the insinuation of a premarital relationship, etc) but these things weren't offensive to me. For a detailed review, you can check it out on Plugged In Online. I found the acting to be fairly simplistic, but I chose to ignore that and enjoy the movie anyway. My tears were flowing by the end and I was so glad I had watched it. Jeremy even enjoyed it!

I encourage you to watch this movie and let me know what you thought.

No comments: