Monday, March 10, 2008

Spending My Prize Money

At the end of last year I entered a contest over at SweetMummy's blog. She was celebrating her 267th Post! I won one of the prizes - a $20 gift card for Chapters/Indigo/Coles. I've held onto it until now, not sure of what to buy.

I have thought of all sorts of things, but couldn't seem to decide on anything specifically. Well, yesterday, my family and I were browsing at the mall (my husband won a gift card from a work party!). We ended up using my gift card to buy a Black & Decker Complete Home Repair book! I know, so exciting! Ya, right!

But I'm quite excited about it. We own our home and my sweetie has done most of the repairs to our house by himself. We are all about saving money where we can! Why pay someone else to do it if you can do it yourself?! Of course, there are certain things that need a profesional - we just haven't come across those things yet.

So now we can do all sorts of things to our home! Now I just need to win a money tree so we can do all the things we want to!

1 comment:

Susan said...

That is great!!! I love your attitude. We are called to be good stewards of the provisions the Lord gives us. My hubby is very good at fixing and making things and I am so thankful for that gifting.

What part of Canada do you live it. We have traveled in every providence except Northwest Territory and Newfoundland and we love Canada. Of course I'm taking summer!!!!
Susan