He woke up last night at 10pm and 12 midnight complaining of a sore throat. It sounded very raw, just like mine is feeling yesterday and today. After trying honey (it's supposed to sooth the throat - it worked to help me stop coughing last week), half the dosage needed of Robitussen (time to buy some more) and finally a dose of Children's Tylenol, we ventured off to bed in hopes that we would get to sleep through the night. Well, we did and we didn't. Daniel climbed into bed with us at some point in the night which woke me up (why don't I have more room??!). But he slept through the night which was good.
This morning when he woke up he seemed just as bad, if not a little worse. He complained of being achy and was slightly warm. Time for more Tylenol! It hasn't been 4 hrs yet and he already looks wasted. I've sent him off to bed for a nap and it isn't even lunch time! I have two extra kids today but they should be gone home by 3:30pm so I'm hoping to take Daniel to the walk-in clinic then. Being sick and exhausted myself, I just didn't feel like taking 4 kids (two of them under 2yrs old) to the clinic to have to wait for 1hr right when it's almost nap time. I might be crazy, but not that crazy!
Napping with his stuffed puppy "Rascal"
Part of me hopes it's Strep Throat so he can get on antibiotics and this whole sick thing can get better, but the other part of me says it's not good for people to have antibiotics too often.
Next weekend is the start of Spring Break. I'm really hoping that we can all be better by then so we can enjoy a MUCH needed rest.





1 comment:
Hey I hope everyone's feeling better out there today. Bless you guys.
Pam
Post a Comment