Saturday, February 16, 2008

Weigh-In Saturday

Jeremy's goal for this past week was to lose 5-6lbs. But little things this week, like Valentine's Day, through a glitch into his plan. In the end he only lost 1lb. He was discouraged by that number. I know he was hoping for at least 2-3lbs. But, as we keep telling our friends who are also losing weight, a pound lost is a pound lost - and one pound closer to your goal!

On a happier note, before Jeremy started losing weight, his waist was a very tight 44". Now he is a very comfortable 40"! We went and bought him a new pair of work pants because his old ones were literally falling off of him! On Thursday Jeremy went out to the storage room and brought in his box of clothes from when he was a little smaller. He found some jeans that fit great (no more baggy jeans!!!) and a few other clothes as well. I think most of them will fit him after he loses another 2".

Last time I mentioned the frustration of thinking of new meals to make that are relatively carb-free. Again, if you have any recipes (or some that could be adjusted as such), I'd love to give them a try! Thank you, Patty, for the recipe you sent me. I haven't had a chance to make it yet, but we just bought some more chicken so I'm looking forward to making it!

Until next week...!

2 comments:

Barb said...

How many times have I today you, Jer, that losing it slowly is the way to go. Nothing to be ashamed of in losing only 1 pound this week, tomorrow is a new day to start over. Keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

thanks Barb, the challenge for me is that I am really big on setting
goals and achieving them. Setting good goals keeps me motivated and
focused, it's a marker for how I am doing and how commited I am. I
understand and hear what you are saying and appreciatte it, one pound lost is a
pound not gained.