First for a little background. As I began brainstorming, I remembered about the first Valentine's gift Jeremy gave me when we were dating. He had secretly made my gift. He took a block of wood, cut it down to size, chiseled out the shape of a heart, melted red candle wax into the heart and wrote some sentiments on it. The part that made the gift extra special is that the wax he melted was left over from the candles he had lit when he asked me to court him. (That is a story all on it's own - perhaps I'll share it one day).
When I remembered about this special Valentine's gift I thought it would be fun to "give" it to Jeremy as a reminder of all the Valentine's days we have had over the past twelve years, but more importanly how much deeper our love is for each other.
I sheepishly gave the gift to Jeremy, hoping he wouldn't think it was a silly idea. He was so surprised! He had completely forgotten about it! We had fun taking a walk down memory lane. It was a simple gift, didn't cost me anything, but was very meaningful.
Then I told Jeremy about the other part of his gift (another gift of my heart). Jeremy loves "The Lord of the Rings" trilogy by J. R.R. Tolkien. I have never watched the movies. I am not a SciFi kind of person ("What's the point in watching SciFi movies? They aren't reality...these things would never happen!"), so Jeremy has always watched them on his own. I've felt bad about this in the past but simply had no desire to watch the movies. Well, people change! I told Jeremy I would watch all three (extended versions) of "The Lord of the Rings". We began watching "The Fellowship of the Ring" this week. Wouldn't you know it, but I'm enjoying it! We are only half way through it (just watching a bit in the evenings) and my imagination is wondering what's going to happen next!
My "gifts from the heart" for my sweetie!





No comments:
Post a Comment