I am really wanting to have some uninterrupted time with God, but the two extra kids I have today has not allowed me that time. Now that one has gone home and the other is napping, the logical thing would be to occupy my two kids and go spend some time with God. The problem is that I am so exhausted I would just fall asleep. So, I am going to hire Veggie Tales to occupy my children so I can rest on the couch. My sweetie already said that he'll make sure I get some "God" time tonight. He is so good with that.
While at the kitchen sink today I read one of my previous memory verses taped to the side of the cupboard, "In repentance and rest is your salvation; in quietness and trust is your strength" Isaiah 30:15. The second part of that verse helped to calm my soul for a bit until I started worrying again.
This verse just came to mind:
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
Phillipians 4:6-8
Yes, Lord, I am choosing to trust you and accept your strength. Help me to think on things that are pure rather than listening to the conflict going on in my mind. Help me to feel Your peace which goes beyond all understanding. Rest..., Peace..., aaaahhhhh, sounds good to me!





No comments:
Post a Comment