I received a notice on Wednesday last week that Daniel would be receiving a "Student of the Month" award today. His school does a great job of recognizing every student throughout the year. It's not based on who is doing the best. Instead, it is based on picking a few children's names out of a hat (or something random like that) and then the teacher shares about that student's strengths. I like that! Not all students are Honor Roll students but all students need to be recognized for their effort. Last year Daniel's kindergarted teacher shared that Daniel loved to use LOTS of colors when coloring his work. He took a lot of time making sure things were very colorful. I liked that she picked up on his personality trait! To be honest, I don't remember what Daniel's teacher said about him today! I was busy trying to keep 3 kids quiet!
Here is a picture I took after school with Daniel and his teacher. Unfortunately, inbetween trying to keep kids herded and dodging snow/rain drops, I didn't get Daniel's whole award in the picture. The award will hang on the Student of the Month wall for the month of February, so I can't even do a second picture of it with Daniel! Oh well! But I think the picture turned out pretty well considering I was reaching for an escaping child at the same time!
3 comments:
Congratulations, Daniel! I hope you can show your certificate to me when I come to visit at Spring Break! Love Auntie Karen
We're looking forward to Spring Break! Hopefully we'll have some beautiful Spring weather for you - none of this slushy, yucky stuff!
Yippee! Congrats Daniel! Proud of you little man.
Post a Comment