Tuesday, January 29, 2008

SNOW DAY!

Can you see it?!
The big smile on my face?!
I'm smiling because it's a snow day!

I have an unexpected relaxing day! I kept Daniel home from school today and my little guy didn't come today because the schools in Mission are closed (his Grandma is a school teacher there). I have my little girl, but only for a couple of hours and then I'm done for the day! All these things combined give me some unexpected freedom today!

Our church secretary is away sunning it up down south!, so I'm filling in for her at the church office. I worked there last night and was planning on going again tonight. But now, I can go there during the day (pack activities and lots of snacks for Daniel & Becca and we're good to go!) and probably get everything finished up!

Here are some pictures I took this morning of our Snow Day!


I couldn't resist taking a picture of Taleigh this morning! She had just finished her breakfast. As soon as she saw the camera was pointed at her she was all smiles!

And one last thing. Last night as Becca was helping set the table, she put her "baby" in the highchair with dishes and a big fork! Notice how the baby's hand is on the fork?! She was quite serious about her baby eating with us! So cute!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gotta love snow days!! It's the same here. School has been cancelled for the last 2 days. Our temperature this morning was -49C with the wind-chill. Gotta love Alberta Baby!! Enjoy your unexpected "free time."

Pam

Susan said...

Thanks for dropping by my blog and leaving a comment. I always love meeting new people and hope you'll keep coming back. I'll be answering the questions in the next few posts. You've really makes me THINK!!!
sUSAN

The Canucks said...

Hi Guys.

Remember us? We're the family from Ireland who contacted you out of the blue and came and stayed overnight. We'll, we now live in North Vancouver and we've been trying to find a way to contact you guys until your letter arrived (via Northern Ireland!) Drop us an email at mitchellweb@gmail.com. We'd love to hook up with you guys sometime.

Andrew, Ruth, Isaac, Matthew and Tom (yes, another one) Mitchell.

Anonymous said...

I thought I posted a message earlier, but it didn't work. It seems like you are getting a lot of snow compared to other years. We have at least 10 ft of the stuff. Want any? (and it is still snowing- Ugh!) We have had temp down to -42, but unfortunately there is no school closures here. Have the kids made any snowmen? Kath made a tunnel, but it is snowed in right now.
Karen (sis)

The Olson's: said...

You're funny!!!! Do I want any of the white stuff?!?! No thank you! So how cold does it have to be to have a snow day up North? The kids haven't made any snowmen. When we had enough snow to make one the snow was too powdery and now today it's just a bunch of slush. Oh well!

Anonymous said...

Leanne, We don't have snowdays. It could happen that a parent doesn't realise that there is not school and then sends their child. If no one is at the school, they may become lost or too cold. Parents can choose not to send their child, but the school will always be open.
Karen (sis)