I've been thinking lately about God's overall plan for us. So often we get caught up with the busyness of life that we aren't able to see God working around us. Personally, I have found that if it seems like God is not working it's because I am not connecting with God, reading my bible or praying. However, when I am spending time reading my bible, praying and listening to God I see Him working all around me!
When my sister told us before Christmas that they wouldn't be able to come down for the holidays we were sad but knew that we'd figure something out. My parents wanted to go to my sister's place and we told them to go and not worry about us. In past years I would probably have had a little pity party but this time I just felt that we should give my parents our blessing to go up North and make other plans for ourselves. So we began making arrangements to go to the Island. We asked my aunt & uncle in Nanaimo if we could invade them and they welcomed us in with open arms. We had a great time with them, encouraging them and laughing lots! They didn't have all their children with them for Christmas this year so we helped to fill the void. Our kids loved asking Uncle Don and Auntie Marion to help with this or that and had a great time playing with my cousin.
While on the Island we visited Jeremy's foster-family. Jeremy's youngest foster-brother was there so they started chit-chatting. Before long, the conversation went very deep. God was using Jeremy to speak to his foster-brother, to challenge and encourage him. Afterward, Jeremy said he had chills during their conversation because of how God was working. It was so exciting to know that because of our "simple" decision before Christmas, God was able to use Jeremy in this way. We've begun calling these connections "divine appointments". It really helps to keep the right focus - that wherever we are, God can use us - whether we think so or not.
Seeing God at work is exciting! The more I connect with God, the more I want to continue.
Easy Cheesy Zucchini Bake
3 days ago





1 comment:
Wow, good for you guys for being willing to be used by God. It's amazing how God can work and how He has a plan, and all we have to do is be willing, and then we get to be doubly blessed.
Post a Comment