Plunging for an hour, probing with a rubber-gloved hand and with a restructured coat hanger aren't all that effective either. Although one of those methods (or maybe it's a combination of the three of them) at least allowed the trapped water in the toilet bowl to trickle down the pipe rather than float over the top of the bowl and splash on the floor. (Oh, and did I mention that the hot air vent is right by the toilet and that it goes into the basement suite bathroom and master bedroom?) So there I was, armed with towels from the closet, a plunger (that was the best $4 we ever spent!), an empty yogurt container, an empty ice cream bucket (the yogurt container wasn't being very effective with preventing waterfalls), a rubber glove and my jack-of-all-trades husband on the phone!
Right now my rather pathetic muscles are saying, "That's enough already!" The kids have been given strict instructions to NOT touch ANYTHING in the bathroom! Can you imagine if they tried to "help"? Yikes!!! So now I'm playing the waiting game: Will Jeremy come home and fix the toilet before the kids need to go potty?!
My knight in shining armour just walked in the door so I must dash and watch him prove himself (again) as our hero!!!
**15 minutes later!**
The offending object has been removed and not a moment too soon! "Daddy! Daddy! I have to go potty!" A quick reassembling and VOILA! My husband is our hero - again!
In case you're wondering, if you're feeling sleepy and wanting to take a little nap but know you shouldn't then attempting to plunge a foreign object down the toilet is definately one way to keep you awake! Now to make sure my son knows that apples and low-flow toilets don't mix!





2 comments:
Oh that's kinda of funny :) I'm sure not for you or your poor arms. But yahoo for manly men to save the day! And to think that the little boy who caused the trouble will soon be that hero for his special lady.
Maybe that's how the men learn how to be our heros - from breaking or wrecking things as a child and then watching their parents put things back together! Hey, there may be something to this!
Post a Comment