Lately I have been feeling weighed down with some processing that Jeremy & I are going through. I have been feeling more tired, too. Not getting to bed on time doesn't help either - but it's so hard!. I have had a full work week (actually 2 weeks; today is my 11th day of work without a break - only one more day then 2 days off!!!).
Trying to help jumpstart my system, I jumped in the shower after my daycare kids went home. It's amazing how much that helps! I quickly got ready and headed out the door to attend a "Children and Nutrition" course. I am looking into becoming a registered child care facility (different than a licenced facility). The information session is next Saturday, but one of the courses I will need was tonight so I decided to go.
Because of my tight schedule, I didn't have time to eat supper before heading out. I quickly informed Jeremy of my plight on my way out the door so he could have something ready for me when I got home. Well, to my surprise & delight, he put his culinary imagination to work and made me a wonderful meal. It was all ready for me when I got home, presentation included. It was so sweet, I just had to share it with you! The meal was simple, really, but delicious. Because we are eating healthier these days, I'm starting to tire of salad (which if you know me, that is virtually unheard of). So, my personal chef got creative and made an ordinary salad attractive and tempting! Add to that the thin-crust (whole-wheat tortilla shell) pizza, and it was a wonderfully filling meal. And, to top it off, he had a wine glass of Martinelli's Sparkling Apple Juice ready for me. (No, he didn't even cheat and have any juice for himself!)
So now that I've tempted your tastebuds, here is a picture of the wonderful meal.
I think what made the meal tonight even more special was the fact that while I was gone, Jeremy put thought and feeling into what he made for supper and took the painstaking time to make an attractive presentation. It showed me that he cares about me and my loss of interest in salad and that he cares about how I've been feeling and that he loves me! I know he loves me - it's just great to have it practically reinforced.
I love my man of many talents!





2 comments:
Way to go Jer!! Maybe you'll inspire some other hubby's out there!! Bless you guys!
Pam
That's really sweet. How encouraging! Looks super yummy
Post a Comment