Friday, June 13, 2008

Sports Day

Today was Daniel's sports day. I bundled up the kids, packed lots of snacks and hoped for the best. When we going out to the van, "my little guy" that I take care of had a big yawn! It was getting closer to his nap time, but I really wanted to see Daniel participate & cheer him and his class on. "My little guy" did great! He stayed in the stroller fine and didn't really squawk. I think he was too enamored watching all the kids doing amazing tricks.

Daniel was so surprised & happy to see us. I love his enthusiasm! It sure warms a mom's heart on a windy day!

Here are some pictures from his sports day! Enjoy!

Daniel awaiting his turn to carry a golf ball on a spoon

Digging for uncooked pasta in the sand

Waiting his turn

Loving the potato sack race

Don't drop the badminton birdie!

Trying to find a blue beanbag while blindfolded & listening to his partner's instructions

The freezie station would have been more enjoyable if it was warm!

Squeezing water from a sponge into the pop bottle

My proud son displaying his ribbon

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you got to enjoy the day with him. They sure love it when parents are there to watch them. It looks like he had a blast. Karen (sis)

Jeff and Jocelyn said...

I was going to comment on the previous one but thought you might miss it. Just wanted to say I am jealous you get to use my sister for free babysitting!:)
Hope you had a super birthday!