My mind has been preoccupied this past week so I haven't been keeping up with my blogging. See my "Thankful Thursday" post (coming up next) for more details. Today I feel able to summarize the adventures of last weekend.
On Friday, I received a birthday card from my Mom & Dad and found a "little something" in it, so we decided to go out for supper with the gift. The kids are getting to the age where they want to celebrate mine & Jeremy's birthdays with us so we thought going out for supper would be a great way to celebrate. We went to The Old Spaghetti Factory. It's the first time we've been to the new one in our town. I had manicotti stuffed with spinach & a variety of cheeses ~ Mmmmm!
Saturday ended up being a different kind of day. Due to some circumstances at his work, Jeremy had to work for the day. This left me with the kids. I still had to take care of the little girl I have (every Saturday morning), but after that we went out to do some errands. On our way to do errands we were driving past the new hospital that is being built (it will be open near the end of August). It turns out there was an open house to tour the new hospital so I turned around and the kids and I enjoyed a tour of our beautiful new hospital. We even got to see the medic helicopter on the helipad! At the end of the tour they had BBQ going so we sat on the grass and enjoyed our lunch of hot dogs, chips & popcorn.
Sunday was Father's Day. We woke up early and drove to a city nearby (about 45 mins away) and went to church. Our friend, Bob Dobson, was speaking. This man has an incredible testimony of how God is sovereign and present, even in the midst of tragedy. Just briefly, two years ago in June, he was on holidays with his wife, mom, daughter & son-in-law and 14-week old grandson. They were driving in Oregon and were on their way to their holiday destination when they were hit head-on. Bob's wife and mom both died from the accident. Bob, his daughter & son-in-law have had multiple (over 40 each I think) surgeries so far - with more to come - to repair their damages. The baby came away from the accident unharmed - praise God! Last Sunday, Bob was speaking at his church, sharing his testimony of the past two years. He is an incredible man of God. At the end of his testimony, Bob said that if God doesn't receive the glory in this tragedy, then the price was too hard to pay.
After the church service, we raced back to our town for a birthday party for the little girl I take care. She turned 2! The kids had a blast as it was at the local gymnastics gym.
The Birthday Girl! 
Daniel having fun in the foam blocks
Trying to decide if she should let go & fall into the foam pit!
Daniel's perspective of the car show!
When we'd all had enough, we went back to our friends' place and had a BBQ with them. It was a wonderful way to celebrate Jeremy being a father.So that's a wrap up of last weekend. Sorry it's a few days late!





3 comments:
Congrats on your weight loss.
What a fun weekend! It is great that you could do some things out of the ordinary with the family.
Karen (sis)
All sounds like a wonderful time.
Susan
Post a Comment