Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Friends & Photos

This past weekend we had some friends stay with us from Alberta. The last time we saw them was two years ago at his RCMP depot graduation in Regina, Saskatchewan. It was the first time I had been that far east since I was about 14yrs old! It was so good driving through the prairies again and being able to show Jeremy and our kids another part of God's creation.

But, that didn't happen this past weekend...! Our friends arrived on Friday before supper and left early Sunday morning. The guys had a blast bonding again. Jeremy & Leigh are childhood friends. I met Leigh after he was already married to his wonderful wife Pam. Pam & I have become good friends and we always have lots to chat about when we get together. This weekend was no exception. The guys were gone quite a bit (to the movies to watch "The Incredible Hulk" on Friday night, golfing with a third friend on Saturday and picking up Leigh's niece & nephew on Saturday evening). So Pam & I got lots of visiting in.

At first I was struggling with letting the guys go out so much because I was feeling the need for a break too, but Pam helped me to remember that this is the guys' time to reconnect. Although Pam & I are good friends now, it is the guys that have been friends for much longer. (Thanks for the gentle reminders!!) Once I was fine with the guys going out so much, I enjoyed my time at home more.

After the graduation (two years ago), I started a scrapbook of the momentous day to give Leigh & Pam as a gift. However, in my typical Leanne fashion, I didn't get it done right away. Needless to say, I started working on it again about a month ago, but really only finished it on Saturday while they were here! The guys were golfing, kids were napping - most of them, and Pam layed down for a nap too. I knew this was my chance! I had my supplies out so fast! I only had three pictures left to scrap and limited time to do it in! It's amazing how creative I can get when under pressure! Pam woke up almost an hour later and I had just finished! Talk about cutting it close!

I still wanted to color photo-copy the finished album, so I went out by myself and got it done. I was happy to finally be able to present the album to them at supper that night.

By the time they were leaving Sunday morning, I realized I didn't get any pictures of them (we did get some great funny poses with Jeremy & Leigh but they are downloading in the wrong format - not sure how to fix that)! I couldn't believe it! So all the pics are from Sunday morning as we were saying good-bye.

Joel & Rachel all ready to go!

Our friends driving away (sad moment!)

We loved having you and your kids here. Becca missed your kids as soon as you drove away! We are looking forward to our next visit (next year, maybe two years?!) and meeting the newest member of your family!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We had a wonderful time!! Thanks again so much for everything! Needless to say the past week and a half have been a little crazy here with 2 extra kids, but it's been going well. We'll talk to you again soon!!
Love, Pam