Saturday, June 7, 2008

FREE is Good!

There is an on-line organization in our area (and in many areas) that facilitates people swapping things that are still of good use. If you are finished with something but don't want it to go in the garbage, or if you are looking for something, you can advertise on this website. The best part is everything is free! The organization is called Freecycle. I recently registered and have been offering and looking for things. I'm realizing that you have to be quick to respond. There have been a few things now that we have missed out on. But...

I am so excited because today we just picked up a garden shed and a composter - for free! Jeremy & Daniel, my hard-working men, just returned and finished setting up our new finds.

The garden shed is quite small (just over 5' high, 2' wide and about 18" deep) but it should fit our gardening tools quite nicely. The insides of the doors even have pegboard with some hooks for hanging smaller items. I would have loved a larger shed for storing outside toys during the winter, but I'm still excited with this little one. If we had bought it new it probably would have been $100-$200, so I'm not complaining at the FREE price!

I have been wanting a composter for a few years now but we just never bought one - I guess I'm too cheap! And now I have one - for FREE! I can hardly wait to start filling it up! I think it takes one or two years before the compost is ready to use in the garden, but that's okay! Internet research - here we come!

2 comments:

Leanne said...

Aww shucks, we asked for that stuff too!
Good for you that you got it :) We should talk about composting sometime, I've been researching for a long time already...

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your great finds. Is your little shed full already? Have you started to use the composter? Good luck! Karen (sis)