Friday, May 16, 2008

Movie Review

Tonight, Jeremy & I decided to have a date night. Jeremy had a stressful day at work; add the whole detox/cleansing affects to it and he was ready to get out. So we booked a sitter (a rare opportunity on a Friday night!) and went to the movies. We are going on Sunday with some friends to see the new Narnia movie, "The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian" (see here for a movie review), so we resisted and chose to see "Nim's Island" instead.

Before seeing "Nim's Island" tonight, all I really knew about it is that Karen from Praying Karen had seen the movie and that she loved it! I took a chance that we might have the same taste in movies and am so glad I did! "Nim's Island" was a breath of fresh air. Before heading to the theatre tonight, I was checking out a number of different movies at Plugged-In Online (a Christian media review site) and was getting rather frustrated with realizing that some of the movies we were interested in seeing had explicit sexual humor - even though they were only rated PG. It is very frustrating.

But as I said, I was pleasantly surprised with "Nim's Island". It's a great adventure story with some good humorous parts and even a point where I got teary. It was free of graphic violence, sexual content and as far as language goes, it was pretty much as clean as they come these days (see here for a complete review).

I'd love to hear if you've seen this movie yet, and if not, I highly recommend you check out "Nim's Island"!

No comments: