Monday, April 21, 2008

Weigh-In Saturday

Ummmm! Ya!

So there was supposed to be a weight loss update about Jeremy. Right. Ummmm! So for a variety of reasons, or maybe no reason at all, Jeremy didn't stick to his diet. And I have to be honest...once he said he wasn't really working on it (or figured he might as well give up for the week), I didn't help. I went to the store and bought ice cream, brownies (just the mini ones - can you hear the attempt at justifying myself?!) and sherbert (it's not that bad for you!??!).

I know, I shouldn't have bought those things and rather encouraged Jeremy to continue eating healthy, but it had been so long since we've bought stuff like that...I had a craving...!

Needless to say, Jeremy didn't bother weighing himself.

After a little chastising from a friend and fellow co-worker who is Jeremy's inspiration (check out Barb's Journey of weight loss here), I think we're back on track for this week. Thanks, Barb!

Our goal this week is for Jeremy to get into the 230's. He's been teetering at 240 lbs for some time now (although I think he did sneak down to 2398 a couple months ago). When I first met Jeremy 12 1/2yrs ago, he was in the low to mid-230's. It will be great seeing him back there again.

And just to let you all know, I seem to be losing some weight too. While I was pregnant with Rebecca, I had a craving for Dairy Queen, or anything with ice cream, chocolate and whip cream! I even started wondering if we were having a girl because I don't usually care for the sweet things. I've always been a "salty" person. Then, after Becca was born, I was nursing and still had a big appetite. Once she stopped nursing, I kind of kept eating lots and enjoying the sweets!

Needless to say, for the past few years (and Becca's turning 4 on Friday!) I have been the same weight as I was being 9 months pregnant with Daniel! My tummy has looked about 6 months pregnant for some time.

Last spring Jeremy & I started eating healthier and that did help some to shrink my tummy and lessen my cravings. But I still had more weight to lose. I have now dropped in pant sizes and am hoping to go down one more size yet. Most of the weight I have lost is since Jeremy began dieting these past few months. I don't weigh myself every Saturday and I haven't been all that careful about what I eat, but I have been noticing that I'm losing weight. I think in the past 5 months I've lost about 10 lbs. Not too good considering how long we've been at this, but I'm happy that the numbers are going down and not up!

Perhaps I'll post a before and after picture of me at some point!

Here's to Saturday, with positive results!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck this week, you two! I'm glad that even though you had a break, you will still be working toward your goal. It is hard to make a lifestyle change and not revert back to the comfort foods you are used to. Karen (sis)

Barb said...

I know exactly what you're going through. Just remember, even when you haven't been following it all week, you still need to weigh in every week. It needs to be done consistently so you know where you stand. It could be that you think you'll have gained a whole bunch of weight this week because you ate the Dairy Queen and other munchies but maybe it's not quite as bad as you thought. On the other hand, if you have gained a little, at least you'll know where you stand and that you really do need to stick to it a little more carefully. Believe me, I know what that's all about. Keep it up, you're both doing awesome!