Our newest addition to our family!
A new-to-us dryer!
Our old dryer (I'm not sure how old it was but if harvest gold says anything...!) has made it's way to the garage as it waits for it's final trip...to the dump. The dryer has been acting up for the past couple years and we've known that it will eventually have to be replaced. But, never seeming to have the money, I would start to pray when it would make more weird noises and the noises would stop! I love how God cares about our every need!
When I cleaned out the lint trapper yesterday and discovered silver sparkles in all the lint I knew the inevitable was upon us. Our dryer has been making horrible sounds lately. Almost like metal scraping metal but without the high-pitched screech. When I saw the silver sparkley dust I figured it must be from the metal sounds we've been hearing. The last thing I wanted to do was to put my nice clean white laundry into this dead dryer. The conclusion - time to look for a new dryer.
I found a guy who has been in the business for 20+ years and works out of his home selling new & barely used major home appliances. He was very knowledgeable, helpful and friendly. So today after Becca's party, we decided to give him a try and ended up buying a almost new dryer. It is only about 2-3 months old and looks to be in perfect condition (although it think it sustained a small dent and tiny scratch from us transporting it home & installing it). The best part is that because we've been saving up for a dryer, we didn't have to go into debt for it!
I've already used my new dryer and it works like a charm!





2 comments:
The dryer looks great! Congratulations on your newest addition. Laundry won't be such a chore now, will it?! Karen (sis)
I am loving it!
And the opening is big, making it easier to get the comforters in and out! I'm so excited!
~ Leanne
Post a Comment