Four years ago today, we welcomed our little girl into our lives. Getting to know her over these past four years has been fun.
As the months go by, her personality develops more and more. "She's all Girl!" That's how I often describe Rebecca. Becca is a lot like me: doesn't like change, stubborn, sometimes shy, loves babies and little kids...! And the way that she is often quick to forgive or give comfort to someone makes me proud to be her Mommy.
As the months go by, her personality develops more and more. "She's all Girl!" That's how I often describe Rebecca. Becca is a lot like me: doesn't like change, stubborn, sometimes shy, loves babies and little kids...! And the way that she is often quick to forgive or give comfort to someone makes me proud to be her Mommy.
I remember when Becca was quite little (I'm guessing about 12-18mths), she would walk around gently bouncing her "baby" on her shoulder, pat it's back and say, "Shh! Shh! Shh!" I don't know where she learned it from but that mothering instinct is definately a strong part of who she is.
Rebecca has a great sense of humor and sometimes, when she's not intending to be funny, we end up enjoying a great laugh. Her facial and hand expressions are just priceless!
Our time together has not been without it's challenges (health, stubbornness, etc), but that is also what causes us to love you more!
I thought I would share some pictures of her life so far!
April 4, 2004
Minutes after being born with a very proud Daddy!
Daniel & Richard (our former foster-son) visiting at the hospital
(Becca was born on Richard's birthday!)
Daniel holding Becca
This picture reminds me of one of my baby pictures!
(Approx. 2-3mths)

Mommy & Becca at her first Canada Day parade (July 1/04)
Grandma & Becca (July '04)

Getting into the pancake mix!
(Approx. 18mths old)

Auntie Karen & Becca (Jan. '06)
Cute Becca! (Almost 2yrs old)
Becca & Daniel on the ferry (Summer '06)
Becca (June '07)
Mommy & Becca after our haircuts! (Summer '07)
Spring Break (March '08)
The Birthday Girl - today!





6 comments:
Happy Birthday, Dear Girl!! I can't believe you are having your fourth birthday already!
Leanne, is the dress she is wearing in her birthday picture one that was Kathleen's? I recognize it, but it may not have come from us.
Love Auntie Karen
Karen,
The purple dress Becca is wearing is actually from a church friend. Her mom made it for some nieces because they wanted "long dresses" that they could twirl in!
This is one of Becca's favorite dresses!
~ Leanne
Happy Birthday Becca...You are a beautiful young lady and I am sure that God has big plans for your life!
(Great pics mom...they are awesome!)
Happy Birthday Rebecca! I hope you have a very special day!
Happy Happy Birthday Becca! I remember cuddling with you when you were a wee baby. It's sure been fun watching you grow :)
Happy Birthday Becca! You definitely have a mommy heart that shines through already. Hope you had a wonderful day!
Post a Comment