Monday, April 28, 2008

Fun Meme

I saw this over at Penless Writer and Praying Karen's blogs. It originally came from an e-mail so a few of the questions don't apply. I thought I'd take a crack at it!


  1. Who were you named after? No one - my mom wanted to give me and my siblings each a name that kids couldn't tease. My middle name is my mom's first name.
  2. When was the last time you cried? While watching a movie on Friday night
  3. Do you like your handwriting? Sometimes. I have a messy style (don't care for it) and a neater one - I prefer the neater one.
  4. What is your favorite lunch meat? Probably chicken or turkey but I'm not much for lunch meat; I keep thinking about how many chemicals must be in it. I never used to think like, but with Jeremy trying to eat healthier, I tend to think of these things more.
  5. Do you have kids? Yes, 1 boy & 1 girl (apparently it's called the "million dollar family"!)
  6. If you were another person, would you be friends with yourself? I hope so!
  7. Do you use sarcasm a lot? Who me?! (I guess I do!)
  8. Do you still have your tonsils? Nope - they were taken out when I was 8 or 9 yrs old.
  9. Would you bungee jump? Not a chance!
  10. What is your favorite cereal? Shreddies
  11. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off? Every time!
  12. Do you think you are strong? Physically - not really; spiritually - it's a work in progress; mentally/emotionally - I like to think I am!
  13. What is your favorite ice cream? Funny thing - when I was growing up I didn't really like it. Now I prefer vanilla loaded with everything; either that or sherbert.
  14. What is the first thing you notice about people? Probably their clothes (Wow, that sounds so shallow! Guess I'll have to work on it!)
  15. Red or pink? Pink, although neither one is my favorite
  16. What is the least favorite thing about you? My negative attitude
  17. Who do you miss the most? Hmm, probably my sister - Karen, but I also have lots of friends I miss...Leila, Pam, Danika, Susan B, Cindy & more if I thought about it longer (be sure to leave a comment if you're reading this)!
  18. Do you want everyone to send this back? (One of those "doesn't apply" questions)
  19. What color pants and shoes are you wearing? I'm wearing grey sweatpants because my favorite jeans are in the wash; and I don't wear shoes in the house, but I do have socks on.
  20. What was the last thing you ate? Left over birthday cake last night; I have eaten breakfast yet. Although I think my tummy's getting ready to talk to me!
  21. What are you listening to right now? Kids playing quietly (a rare thing - quietly! Or maybe they are into things!)
  22. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Definately blue!
  23. Favorite smells? Fresh coffee (don't care for the taste as much but love the smell), Freesias, lilies, lilacs - any beautiful smelling flower!
  24. Who was the last person you talked to on the phone? Good question! I haven't been on the phone yet this morning; I can't remember if I was on the phone yesterday; maybe it was Saturday!
  25. Do you like the person who sent this to you? Not really applicable, but I do like Susan & Karen whose blogs I saw this on!
  26. Favorite sports to watch? I'm not really a sports person - they all have pretty much the same excitement level for me - not much!
  27. Hair color? Brown with a touch (more than I would like) of grey!
  28. Eye color? Blue
  29. Do you wear contacts? Nope, but I have been wearing glasses since I was in grade three
  30. Scary movies or happy endings? Definately happy endings
  31. Last movie you watched? "Reign Over Me" with Adam Sandler and Don Cheadle (it was pretty good by the way! There were definately some parts that were inappropriate, but it was a very touching movie - made me cry, hence the answer to Q. 2)
  32. What color shirt are you wearing? My cozy grey fleece sweater
  33. Summer or winter? I've always loved the summer but not my skin gets super itchy from the sun so I prefer Spring.
  34. Hugs or kisses? Hugs, but when I'm hugging my husband and kids, I can't help but give a kiss with the hug. The two just seem to go together!
  35. Favorite dessert? Depends what time of the month it is! I'm beginning to appreciate cheese cake more, and most chocolate things appeal to me at certain times.
  36. Most likely to respond? Another "not applicable" question.
  37. Least likely to respond? Another "not applicable" question.
  38. What book are you reading right now? Besides reading the book of Daniel in the bible, I am slowly working through "Seeing and Savoring Jesus Christ" by John Piper.
  39. What is on your mouse pad? Don't have one - we have a laptop
  40. What did you watch on TV last night? Not much - there wasn't a whole lot on; did a lot of flipping
  41. Favorite sound? Silence, good worship music or good piano playing
  42. Rolling Stones or Beatles? Neither
  43. What is the farthest you have been from home? I guess that would be Switzerland, but France, Spain, England & almost Germany (I was about 15 mins away) would be in close second.
  44. Do you have a speacial talent? I don't think so - maybe someone else knows better?
  45. Where were you born? British Columbia, CANADA. I will omit the name of my hometown, but I was born at home. I guess I was coming too fast for my mom to make the 20-30 minute drive to the hospital!

If you decide to do this meme (either on your blog or via e-mail), please let me know by leaving a comment on this post so I can read yours!

3 comments:

Susan said...

Enjoyed!!! You and I have quite a bit in common.

Heather said...

Wow that's a lot of questions. I like red, mint chocolate chip ice cream and kisses! Glad to hear you think I'm down to earth. I got tired of trying to be someone I'm not a long time ago. :)

Barb said...

I decided to put this on my blog with a few adjustments. Feel free to take a look.