Thursday, September 25, 2008

Thankful Thursday

A few weeks ago I wrote a post but never published it. I guess writing it was more for myself than for others. It was a time of processing. Well, today I am happy to write that I have a conclusion for that never-published post.

For 3 1/2 months we have been searching for a new church, for a new group of people to call family. Through a lot of prayer and waiting on God, visiting various churches and even having church in our garage with just the four of us, we believe that God has brought us to a body of believers who have the same spiritual passion that we have had ignited in us over the past several months.

It felt so good to walk into church on Sunday . We had visited this church several times over summer but always felt like we were visitors. People were friendly and we could see where we would fit in, but we still didn't feel like we belonged. We were waiting for the "Okay" from God. And now we have it! Last night we met for the first time with people who are wanting to be involved in a Care Group/Small Group. It felt so good walking into the room knowing that these people were about to become our close friends.

It feels so good to have a place to call "home"!

For more Thankful Thursday posts, visit Iris at Sting My Heart.

3 comments:

Susan said...

Oh how wonderful, Leanne!!! There is truly nothing like knowing you are exactly where God wants you to be for this time!!!! Answered prayer indeed.

Thanks for the Honey recipe. So very thoughtful of you :o)
Susan

Anonymous said...

Wonderful!! My husband and I are searching and praying for God to lead us to a church home where we can learn and serve.

So happy for you and your sweet family.

About Nancy said...

I am thrilled you have a church to call home. May the Lord bless you mightily there.