If your answer was "clippings from a hair cut" you would be correct - well, sort of...
The end result
Did you see it? The hair is cut level to her ear. Daniel cut off about 3"! Needless to say, we weren't too happy. Especially because we had just finished telling Daniel & Becca to put the scissors away after they were trying to cut a stuffed puppy's fur. Sigh! We'll probably take Becca in for a haircut this weekend to see if anything can be done to make it look a little better. And while we're at it, we'll get Daniel's crazy hair taken care of too!
Now on to today's adventure! Daniel lost another tooth! We were at Costco having lunch with my Mom. She was on her way through to the Interior for a "Music for Young Children" conference. Because of the short time that we'd have to visit - and she wanted to fill up at Costco (gotta love cheaper gas) - we met at Costco and had lunch. While eating his pizza, Daniel's tooth popped right out! I thought it was pretty cool that Grandma was there for the special occasion. Here is the happy boy!
Now for wanting ideas.
I am planning Daniel's 7th birthday party. We are trying to save money so I'm thinking of ideas for having his party at home. But then it could rain & who wants 10 kids running around in a small house with no playroom? So we might end up going somewhere.
What I am wanting ideas for are the birthday cake. I only have limited time but making the birthday cake is something I really want to do. Any ideas how I could make / decorate Daniel's cake with little effort & cost? I'm thinking something along the lines of Space, Cowboys & Indians (we're reading the "Little House on the Prairie" series so he's interested in this), airplanes/jets/rockets, pirates (nothing yucky), treasure chest, castle (knights, etc). I saw a wonderful idea of doing a treasure chest with cupcake pirates, with the chest overflowing with candy "treasures" but most of the candies I looked at today contain peanuts (or traces of). One of the boys Daniel is inviting is allergic to peanuts and I want to be sensitive to the allergy - making it so he can eat everything we offer.
Any ideas? Please leave them in the comments...I'd love the input. I'm planning to start on the cake as soon as possible. Thanks in advance!





1 comment:
I don't think it's possible to raise a child without at least one scissors and hair cutting instance. Your kids are adorable!!
Susan
Post a Comment