Tuesday, September 9, 2008

A Blog Award!

I have received my first blog award! I'm so excited!


It was generously given by Nancy over at Olive Leaf Ministries. Nancy has been doing short encouraging devotional videos on her blog these past few months. Her story is worth reading and I encourage you to check out her blog. Click here to see her blog award post.

Thanks for this award, Nancy! Some of my answers are the same as yours - we have similar values!

Here are the rules:
  1. Mention the blog that gave it to you & comment on their blog to let them know you've posted your award
  2. Publish these rules
  3. Share 6 values that are important to you and 6 things you do not support
  4. Grant the prize to 6 people


What I value:

  1. My personal relationship with Jesus Christ
  2. My husband's vision & encouragement
  3. Time at home with my children
  4. A good dessert, steamed milk & conversation with friends
  5. A good book
  6. God's beautiful creation - I just love flowers & sunsets!


What I do not support:

  1. Disrespect
  2. Teasing
  3. Whining
  4. Violence
  5. Abortion
  6. Sushi (okay, I just don't like it!)

I wasn't sure what the name on the award meant, so I translated it on-line (may not be a completely accurate translation). "Premio al Esfuerzo Personal" = Prize to the Personal Effort. So I chose some of the blog writers who I feel deserve a prize for their personal effort in blogging.

I pass this award on to:

Lysa at Proverbs 31 Ministries
Susan at Penless Writer
Melissa at Mel's World
Leanne at Impressions
Yvonne at Life as a Gronau
Kristen at Janzen/Larsen Family

4 comments:

Susan said...

Thank you so much!!! What an interesting award. I hadn't seen this one and really appreciate it because of the questions involved. I'll give it some thought and pass it on.
Susan

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the award! You do have a great blog! Karen

About Nancy said...

How neat you mentioned your husband's vision and encouragement second in line of the things you value. What a blessed man. I enjoyed reading what you value as well as what you do not support.
Blessings!

Melissa in Mel's World said...

What a beautiful blessing!!! Thank you so much for thinking of me and for putting me in that list of incredible women you had listed!

xoxo,
Melissa in Mel's World