Becca, Kathleen (my niece), Daniel & Aiden (my youngest nephew)
My brother Steve with his son, Aiden We had fun going through photos from Grandma's
My sister Karen & I when we were younger
After Grandma's funeral service, we took some family pictures.
These are all of the first cousins that were at the funeral. Some of them we hadn't seen for almost 20 years!
Grandma's four remaining boys (from her 1st marriage)
A little fun between Uncle Rick & Mom!
All the siblings (minus one uncle who couldn't make it)
The siblings & their spouses
As I mentioned in the last post, it's a very interesting story of how my Grandpa and my Grandma met and combined their families. I'll try to tell it as simply and quickly as I can. I'll use their first names in order to keep everyone straight.
Many years ago (not sure of the actual years), Roy and Victoria (Tori) met and started dating when Tori was only 14 years old. They dated for seven years and married when Tori was 21. During their dating years, Tori became friends with Kathleen. Tori introduced Kathleen to Roy's best friend, Douglas. Douglas was the best man at Roy & Tori's wedding.
A few years later, Douglas & Kathleen married. Douglas & Kathleen had three children: Brian, Don & Robyn. During that time, Roy & Tori had five boys: Ron (who passed away a few years ago), Rick, Randy, Russ & Roy. When Roy (Jr.) was one or two years old, Roy (Sr.) passed away. A few years later (I think), when my Mom was four years old, Kathleen passed away.
Fast forward many years. My mom is now married and my sister is one year old. Douglas and Tori get married, combining the two families! I now have two uncles and five step-uncles. When I was growing up, the "step-family" thing was never made an issue to my siblings & I. My Grandma (Tori) is the only grandma I knew on my Mom's side.
Although my family hasn't stayed very connected with all the relatives, it was fun coming together and seeing uncles, aunts & cousins again. It had been years since we had seen some of them!





6 comments:
What an amazing family. You can sure see who your kids look like in the picture of you and your sister.
Thanks for sharing all the pictures. Yes, as Barb said, what an amazing family. Too bad it takes a death to get everyone together any more. I'm sure your dad was very happy to have you all at home at once.
Susan
Family resemblance! My sister asked my kids who the 2 girls were in the pictures & they said Kathleen (my niece) and Becca! They were sure surprised when they were told it was their Mommy & Auntie!
~ Leanne
So glad you had a fun time together, but sorry under such sad circumstances. Great pictures.
Nancy
Great pictures and story. I'm glad for the time spent together this summer and sorry that we had to say good-bye. Having your kids here before you came was great fun! I'd like to have them here again sometime! Hope you make it home safely. Karen (sis)
Thanks for all your nice comments on my posts, Leeanne. Especially the encouragement to keep working at the weight loss.
Susan
Post a Comment