Thursday, July 31, 2008

This 'n That

Wow! Is it Thursday again already?!

A lot has happened over the past week and not a lot of time to share about it so I thought I'd give a quick rundown.

Fri: My sister & niece from up north arrived and stayed the night

Sat - Mon: My sister & I took the kids and headed to the Island (our husbands couldn't join us as they both had to work). Wouldn't you know it, we missed the first ferry (6:20am) by 5 cars! It turns out there was a big event happening in Nanaimo so there was a lot more ferry traffic than we expected!

Sat: I did an Epicure party for my mom. She was kind enough to host one to help me out. Although we started 45 mins late (because we missed the first ferry), the party was a success!

Sun: Had church at my parents' home church. My brother arrived from Alberta just in time for church!

Mon: We all went to Victoria for my Grandma's funeral. Maybe in a future post I will tell interesting story of how my Grandma became my grandma! (Hint: she married my grandpa after my mom was married.) My grandma was a Christian, so for us believers it makes the loss somewhat easier to handle because we know we'll see her again. But some of her sons are not Christians so this loss is harder to handle for them. The day of the funeral was beautiful sunshine. There was lots of laughter mixed in with the tears. For my sister, brother & I it had been YEARS since we had seen some of our first cousins (we're thinking 12+ years and some of them it's probably been 25yrs!). We took group photos of all the first cousins (that were at the funeral), Grandma's boys as well as my Grandpa's kids (one was missing). After the church and graveside services, we all met for supper. It was a great way to end the day. My sister & I took the kids and raced off to catch the ferry. We didn't want to miss another one! We made it home by 10:30pm!

Mon: Jeremy seems to be maintaining at 240lbs.

Tues: My sister was brave and took my kids along with my niece back up north with her! Daniel & Becca are loving their time with their cousins! We'll be seeing them on Saturday for our week's holiday.

Wed: Jeremy's birthday! HAPPY 34th BIRTHDAY, SWEETIE! We will probably take time to celebrate his birthday when we're up north because he was working late last night & tonight.

That about sums up this past week with the exception of Jeremy working and doing a side job a couple nights this week, me babysitting two days this week, me working my business, cleaning, laundry, packing and getting ready for my parents to arrive tomorrow afternoon. We will either be leaving tomorrow after Jeremy's finished work or we'll leave EARLY Saturday morning. I may or may not blog while we're away, so if you don't hear from me - you can look forward to some long posts when we get back!

And by then, I'll have our camera again (I accidentally left it in my parents' van on the weekend!) so I'll be able to post LOTS of pictures!

3 comments:

Leanne said...

Wow! That sounds like a busy time! Hope you have a great vacation, look forward to seeing pictures.

PS. My zucchini plants are about the size of a small house now, so I don't think we can move them. I'll just be delivering plenty of zucchini to your house, kay? :)

Anonymous said...

What a great way to sum up the week. It sure was busy, but we now have such good memories. See you tomorrow! Love Karen (sis)

Anonymous said...

I forgot to add: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JEREMY!! How does it feel to be sooo old, yet so young?! Karen (sis)