Saturday, October 4, 2008

Happy Birthday, Daniel!

Here it is Saturday & I still haven't posted about Daniel's birthday! So here goes!
Lst Sunday (the 28th) we had Daniel's birthday party after church. We came home quickly from church & finished our preparations (aka: decorate the cake!). Daniel turned 7 this week (on the 30th)! I was away on the Island last weekend doing an Epicure party for my Mom. Because we knew I'd be away, we made a decision to have Daniel's party at the local McDonald's PlayPlace. It was great coming home Saturday evening knowing I didn't have to quickly run around cleaning & prepping our home to be invaded by 10 other kids.

Instead, we let them invade the McDonald's. It was well worth the money!

This year Daniel was able to invite kids from school. It was great being able to connect again with the kids' parents.

Each year I have made the kids' birthday cake. I enjoy decorating it & seeing the look of excitement on their face when they see their cake for the first time. This year, because I knew I wouldn't have much time just before the party, I chose to go a simpler route. I made a double layer cake a few days before the party (I cheated & used a cake mix this time). Then, instead of cutting & creating a design, I worked with a flat 9" x 13" cake. We made green icing (for the grass) and blue icing (for the water). I had borrowed some Playmobil pieces from a friend and in the end, the cake had a little Indian theme, complete with a teepee, campfire, Indians, and canoe. Then we sprinkled on some brown sprinkles (for dirt!).

It was very cute if I may say so!

Here are some pictures of the cake and Daniel's party.


Look how much you've grown!

Happy 7th Birthday, Daniel!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks like you had a lot of fun! I'm glad you went for simple and easy and were able to enjoy yourself. I have had too many times where I didn't do this and it is stressful. What a great and simple cake idea. It turned out wonderful.
Karen

Yvonne said...

Great cake Leanne!!! McDonald's is definitely a great place for a birthday party - I still remember my party there years later:)

Leanne said...

Happy Birthday, Daniel!! Looks like you all had a fun time, I can't believe how grown up Daniel looks...
Wow, I remember so clearly the little Daniel baby he was :)

Keith - Kristen said...

Oh you did great with the cake!
How fun!