Thursday, August 21, 2008

Thankful Thursday



I haven't participated in Thankful Thursday over the past few weeks. When I visited Mel's World this morning, she had her very first Thankful Thursday post. After reading her post, I decided it was time to focus on the things in my life that I have to be thankful for.

To be honest, today is "one of those days" - between the four children in my house today, there has been almost constant crying; I'm tired even though I had a little nap at nap time; it's been raining lots here since the weekend making it difficult for the kids to expel their energy outside...!

You get the picture. So, today of all days, I need to focus on what I have to be thankful for. Today I am thankful for:
  • The opportunity to take care of other people's children and my new home business so I can stay at home with my children to soothe their hurts, praise their coloring masterpieces and scratch their backs among other things
  • My children LOVING the "Little House on the Prairie" books that we've started reading
  • God using sermons to help Jeremy & I to work through some tension in our marriage
  • My amazing husband who knows how to speak my love language
  • My health
  • God's Word.

To join in on Thankful Thursday, visit Iris at Sting my Heart.

6 comments:

bp said...

I'm glad you participated today! I enjoyed your TT list. I'm sure it pleases God's heart for you to give thanks even on your tough day.

Anonymous said...

Hope you're having a better day.
Take care,
Karen
www.homesteadblogger.com/tagblog

Denise said...

Glad you are back at thankful thursday sweetie.

Susan said...

Men ought always to give thanks." Glad you did!!!
Susan

i said...

Welcome back! Thank you for sharing your thankful heart. Happy TT!

Nancie said...

Glad you are back with us at Thankful Thursday! It is encouraging to read your thankful post as you seek to focus on things to be thankful for though tired. May God continue to give you strength to take care of the children and manage your new home business. May He also continue to bless you and your dear hubby as you seek and serve Him together. Take care!