Monday, December 3, 2007

I've Been Tagged

Okay, so I was "tagged" a while ago, but our keyboard has been partially out of commission (apple juice has a way of doing that!). I have been waiting for our new keyboard to arrive - and it's here now, installed and working great! Oh, to not have to copy & paste in every space and "m" anymore! How much we take for granted!

Okay, back to the topic here! So, I've been tagged by http://sweetmummy.lifewithchrist.org/index.html.

Here's the meme: Share 7 random and/or weird facts about yourself. Tag 7 random people at the end of your post, and include links to their blogs. Let each person know that they’ve been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

1. I was born at home! My parents lived (and are still there) in a small town (at the time it was still a "village"), 20-30 minutes away from the nearest hospital. I was coming too fast so my mom called the doctor and told him he had better come! I was born at 10am in my parents 1 bedroom basement suite on my sister's toddler bed. The ambulance came after that and took my mom & I to the hospital. I love the uniqueness of being born at home! A few years ago my parents were thinking of selling their house of 38 years. I told them they couldn't - it was my birthplace! I think I'm okay with it now - maybe it's because they're not thinking of selling!?!

2. I am left-handed. Despite a handful of frustrations through the years (pour spouts that only pour on one side for right-handed people, "left-handed" scissors - can't stand those!, serrated knives...) I have enjoyed being a "leftie" and always wanted to have a child that was left handed. At this point it seems that I'm not getting my wish but both kids have used their left hands at times, so I'm crossing my left fingers =)

3. When I was 19 years old, I went to France for one year by myself to be a nanny. When I think about it I can't believe I actually did it! I'm so glad I did, but to fly half way around the world by myself, to a country that speaks a language I only half paid attention to in school - WOW! I think that my being naive was a benefit because if I had stopped to think about it I probably would have chickened out - I'm not typically the adventerous type. But I think that because I was going for the purpose of looking after kids (5 of them) I didn't give it a second thought.

4. I like to cook and bake. I prefer baking more that cooking, but I think that's only because I get frustrated trying to think up new meals to cook day after day. When I start cooking I can get into and enjoy it, it that annoying "what shall I make today" part that turns me off. But baking I do it because I enjoy it. I enjoy making things more when they are for other people or for an event. That is often when I try a new recipe - so far it's mostly worked out!

5. I don't mind going to the dentist, but that is probably because I haven't ever had any dental work done! I have never had any cavities, fillings,... just cleanings, x-rays and a guard for my teeth (I used to grind them when I was younger). Oh, and I don't have any wisdom teeth, either. Apparently not everyone gets them.

6. On a little more serious note, this next year I am striving to grow deeper with God. It scares me at times because I know that typically in order for a relationship to grow deeper there has to be conflict / struggles. So, when I relate that to my relationship with Christ, I see potential struggles ahead. But, a deeper relationship is something that I'm wanting, so I'm willing to take things as they come; one step at a time.

7. I am excited about the future. Jeremy and I have a goal that when the kids are older and more independant, we would like to take our photography more seriously. We would like to do photography for weddings as well as people and nature shots. We know that it would require more of a time commitment so we're putting it on hold for now. But it's good to have future goals together as a couple, and this is one that I'm really looking forward to!
I'm tagging Patty, Lisa, Telma and Lyndsay. The other friends I would have tagged have already been tagged recently, so they're off the hook!

No comments: