Monday, December 8, 2008

Taking Things to a Whole New Level

Time: 6:55am
Event: Waking up to answer the door for the boy I'm babysitting today
Surprise: !!!!

As I was opening the door, I noticed Daniel was hiding behind the couch - a tell-tale sign that he is guilty about something. My Mom-radar was instantly kicked into gear. WHY is Daniel hiding behind the couch? While observing the situation, I noticed the phone sitting on the floor next to him. Hmm, we must have left the phone off the charger last night, but how did it get behind the couch? It must have fallen or something. (Of course these thoughts ran through my head in about 1.2 seconds). "Daniel, pass me the phone please."

Daniel's response: !!!

As he passed me the phone, he also handed me the phone book (I hadn't seen that during my quick observation). As he handed me said items, he (almost proudly) informed me, "Now we'll have peperoni & cheese pizza here for supper". "Pardon me?!!!"

Oh my goodness! I compared the number on redial to the number just inside the front flap of the phone book & sure enough, it was the number for a pizza place here in town! According to Daniel, he phoned the pizza place & talked (at least he said he did when I questioned him), but no one answered. Now today I have to call the pizza place to make sure we won't have any peperoni pizzas delivered at supper time!

This is certainly a whole new level of mischieviousness for Daniel. It usually has something to do with turning the TV on, food (candy, chocolate, granola bars...) or toys that have been put away as a consequence. I'm hoping that the consequence he got this morning will stop him from doing this again. I think Jeremy's more hopeful than me. Time will tell!

4 comments:

Susan said...

The joys of parenting :o)
Susan

Leanne said...

This story made me laugh :) Kids can come up with the STRANGEST things. "Now we're having pizza for supper!" LOL! Priceless :)

Barb said...

So, is it pizza for supper tonight?

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the laugh!! I can't believe he did that! You will have to write it down and save for his wedding or something! Please let us know what happens when you call the pizza place. I'm very curious to know if he really got through. Funny!!! Karen