I've never really had a difficult time saying good-bye. When close high school friends moved away I told them "See you later" rather than "good-bye".
When I left my "family" in France after being a nanny for one year, I gave hugs and said good-bye. I'm sure there was a tear or two that I wiped away, but no full out crying. I was too excited to be returning home.
When I leave my kids or husband for the evening or weekend, I give a hug & run! Yay! Freedom! I know that I love them with all my heart and if anything ever happened to them that was permanent, I would be devastated. I guess I know that (most likely - God willing) I will be seeing them again soon.
Today I am saying good-bye to a precious little boy who has really touched my heart and I've already had one cry about it! Why?! Is it because he's just so darn cute & hasn't reached the "terrible two's" yet? Is it because he has been living with his Grandma & uncles this past 13+ months because his Mom & Dad haven't been able to care for him? Is it because I know he's being returned to his Mom's today and the living standards in his new home are going to be very different than mine or his Grandma's? Is it because I see the sense of loss in his Grandma's eyes as she knows she must surrender him back to his Mom? Is it because I know my kids will miss him & his silly antics?
After my little cry this morning, I put the kids' music on; how fitting! They are listening to the "Music Machine" CD these days. The songs on the fruit of the Spirit: Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Gentleness & Self-control - were very fitting. Once again, God used just the right thing to calm my spirit.





4 comments:
I don't fully understand the story here but I hear your pain and concern for this little boy and the grandmother. Was this a court decisions? Thanks for your comment today. I would LOVE to meet you....who knows, God willing we will.
Susan
Susan,
I realize now I didn't explain things fully. This is one of the kids I have been babysitting this past year. He has been in foster care with his grandma. This fall has been a time of transitioning him back to his Mom. Today is the day the courts authorized for him to be returned to his Mom.
Thanks for your encouragement.
~ Leanne
I'm sad for you and for this boy. I'll be praying for his parents that they get it together soon.
I didn't realise that he was going back to Mom's. I will pray that it is a smooth transition and that all goes well in his life. Karen
Post a Comment