Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Little Miracle

Today I am enjoying my day with a smile on my face! For the past couple weeks I have been searching for my wedding band. I remember taking it off and putting it somewhere - not where it belongs, of course! I even remember thinking I should put it away properly or I might lose it!

Well, I lost it! Correction - I couldn't FIND it (don't really want to admit that I lost it)! Now, a little background. Before this summer, I hadn't been able to wear my wedding rings since...don't really know - maybe since I was pregnant with Rebecca! The point is that it's been a LONG time since I've been able to wear my rings. Then this summer, I lost enough pounds that my ring slid right onto my finger. Yeah! And then, to have it go missing! NOOOOO!

Yesterday I had a friend and her son over for lunch. I was sharing with her that I couldn't find my wedding ring. She told me about a verse she had read on a friend's blog but couldn't remember it exactly. So that afternoon she looked it up. The verse is Isaiah 45:3 "I will give you the treasures of darkness, riches stored in secret places, so that you may know that I am the Lord, the God of Israel who summons you by name ..." After she read that she thought to herself "Leanne's going to find her ring!"

This morning when I arrived at our church's Mom's Group I showed her my ring finger with my wedding ring on it. She was so excited! I then proceeded to share with the ladies about my little miracle. I had wanted to do a quick vaccuum before Mom's Group so I pulled the vaccuum cleaner out of the closet, picked up the carpet attachment and saw my wedding ring fall out of the attachment! "Thank you, Jesus!" Rebecca and the 3yr old boy I babysit were right there so I took the opportunity for a life lesson and shared my excitement with them. "Look! My ring was lost and Jesus just helped me find it! Dear Jesus, thank you for helping me find my ring. Amen!"

So, excited as I was, I just had to share my little miracle with you! And about how God reaffirmed to me that He is God, that He is in control and that He cared even about my "riches stored in secret places".

3 comments:

It's OK to be WEIRD! said...

YIPPEE!!! God is so good!

Anonymous said...

Love it!
Marlene

Anonymous said...

Leanne, remember when mom lost a diamond from her ring when we were younger? That is what your story reminds me of. Weren't you the one who found mom's diamond? How wonderful that you found your ring. Karen W