Last week I took Daniel for an eye appointment. Turns out he's a little short sighted (things far away are a little blurry). He needs glasses for school, watching TV and when he's on the computer. Other than that he's fine (for now). So, today we took him to look for glasses! At first he answered "NO!" to every pair of glasses. But eventually we found some Spiderman frames that got a "Yes"! Then most of the frames appealed to Daniel. But because that would be too good to be true, he then changed back to "No" for everything again. Aaaggghhh! Then, along came a pair of Snoopy frames. They got a "Yes"! After having him try on a few pairs over and over again (hoping for a consistent "yes" from at least one pair) he was sold on the Snoopy ones. At first we thought we'd go to a couple other places before buying these ones - just to make sure - and then we remembered we were dealing with an almost 6 year old. He had decided on a pair of frames and those were the ones he liked. Why mess with that?! So we headed back into the store and bought them! Actually, we got 2 pairs for the price of one (a back-up pair, just in case - LOL)! So, an hour after paying, Daniel joined the club! He is now the VERY proud owner of blue Snoopy glasses! It feels like he just grew a little bit more!
I remember when I first got my glasses - I was in Grade 3. And Jeremy was 7 years old when he first got his glasses, so I guess it was just a matter of time until our kids entered this new stage of life! Becca sure wanted the pair of bright pink Barbie glasses she tried on! It took a bit of convincing to get her to put them back. One day, little girl, one day!
Here are some pictures we took today to show off the new glasses.
"Before"

"After"

So Proud!
5 comments:
hey It is Lyndsay Bertness I was just looking through other people's blogs and got your link from Graham and Karyn's! how are things with your family? I see daniel got glasses, Carter did too a few weeks ago!
What a ham! I love that last pic. Looks like his Dad is rubbing off on him!
You're right, he looks so grown up. Time sure flies...
Daniel looks so cute and so grown-up all at the same time. I love them!
CUTE pictures. He looks so much like Jeremy!! We may be working on the glasses issue soon, too. It's hard to imagine little people needing glasses, but so many do. Glad that he can see now!!! That should help with school, too.
Post a Comment