which helped to spread people out and because it rained most of the week we didn't go out and do a lot of sightseeing & activities. I even read a Nicholas Sparks novel! I was hoping to go to the spa as well, but I left it too late so it didn't happen. Oh well, I'll just have to book an appointment here in town instead!Our kids had a great time with their cousins. Because of the distance between us we always try to make the most of our time together. We went to Cathedral Grove for a walk in the woods to see some huge & old trees. We also enjoyed our tradition of going to Coombs for a little shopping and ice cream. Then we got to pet the goats on the roof of the store! They even tried to eat our hair!
All in all we had a great week spending time with family - something I'm learning to not take for granted anymore.
Then, in August, we went camping with our church cell group (small group). Now anyone who knows me probably knows that my idea of camping is going to a 5-Star resort. I don't like bugs and dirt in my food and I don't like outhouses!!! I really think God has a sense of humor
because over the past couple summers my feelings on camping have been changing. This spring we went "camping" for the day and the kids had a blast. It was then that I really realized how much my silly dislikes was affecting my kids. Then when our cell group started planning a camping trip I thought "Either I can be a party-pooper or I can suck it up and have fun". I chose the latter. And I did have fun, despite the outhouses (I am now a believer that outhouses don't always smell!) and the torrential rains. (I can see God smiling right now)! The disappointing part of the weekend was that two of the families (they each had a little one) had to leave early. It was either that or they were going to be swimming in the night! But Friday night around the campfire was fun. We even had a visit from the Ranger reminding us to enjoy ourselves a little quieter! We tried - we really did!
Those are the highlights from our summer. Hope you enjoyed them and that yours was fun too!





3 comments:
I really like these photos. A great way to document things. Sounds like it was a pretty good summer for you all. All that, and you 'bought' your house! You keep quite the schedule!!!!
Hey Leanne,
Camping.... well dear, I had the same feeling about camping before coming to Canada. Mike was wise to introduce me slowly to the outdoor life..... actually this summer we spent 5 weeks camping,... yeap, with a 5 months baby..... Praise God we were in a 22foot trailer.... anyhow, it was a challenging but now I look back and laught... you can see the pictures at our blog..canadabrazil2002.blogspot.com
Hey, maybe we can camp together ...hahahahahah
Shalom
Telma
Well, that camping trip had a lot of potential...too bad we were swimming in our tents instead of the lake...
Looks like you had a good summer, it will be good to see you again tonight. (?)
Post a Comment