Thursday, October 4, 2007

A Great Weekend

This weekend we packed up and headed to Camp Squeah (just past Hope, BC) for our annual church retreat. We hadn't been for the 2-3 years so it was especially nice to be there with our church family. We arrived late - Jeremy didn't even get home until 7pm! After setting up our room we got the kids ready for bed.
It was Daniel's 6th birthday on Sunday, so we decided to have his birthday party at Camp! He thought the whole weekend was just for him & his birthday! After brunch on Saturday we set up things for his party. His friends came (7 of them including siblings of his friends), they played, opened gifts, had birthday cake, picked up their goodie bag and left to enjoy the rest of the day with their families! Short & sweet and no mess at our house! Just the way I like it!!!

Saturday night we had a blast with the talent show/"Are you smarter than a 5th grader?" game show! It was a lot of fun. A brother and sister definately stole the show! One entertained us with a magic show (she made her leg disappear - she's in kindergarten) and her brother enthralled us with his singing and guitar playing - he's in Gr. 2! Then there was the rap and the Tae Kwon Do demonstration, complete with breaking of wood.
Sunday morning we (as a congregation) were privileged to accept a lady into membership. Then we sang "Happy Anniversary" to a couple still madly in love after 35 years of marriage and "Happy Birthday" to Daniel. It was a great weekend of getting to know each other better, playing games, enjoying God's beautiful creation and getting exercise at the same time, and laughing. I'm so glad we went and I'm looking forward to next year!

5 comments:

It's OK to be WEIRD! said...

You added pics - that's COOL! I didn't get any flying wood pictures because my memory card filled up just as he was about to break the boards...ergh! I think it was a 35th anniversary (didn't we celebrate 33 years with a big surprise party for them). Did you know it was also THEIR son's birthday? TEE HEE!
Fun weekend!! Except for the hobbling on my part...

Yvonne said...

Sounds like so much fun! Sorry we missed it. Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you had a great weekend. A big happy birthday to Daniel. Looks like he enjoyed his gifts! Aunty Karen

The Olson's: said...

Thanks, Sweet Mummy! I wasn't sure exactly how many years the lovely couple had been married. I knew it was at least 30 years.

I have some great footage (pics & video) of your hubby doing his Tae Kwon Do but wanted to respect his privacy. I'll try to burn them onto CD for you!

Anonymous said...

That's awesome! I'm glad you guys were able to get away! Happy Thanksgiving!

Pam