This is a dark day in the world of dieting for Jeremy. I weighed myself this morning and was shocked. I will give you an overview of the past 4 weeks that brings me to this number. The last blog was March 1st and I was at 239 lbs. Right after this last blog I became overwhelmed with personal challenges that made the decision to put my dieting aside easy. After working though some of these issues with God we as a family went on vacation so I stayed off the diet and lived free of discipline in eating while away. This past week I became really sick and the body does not do well when you are sick. A friend of mine was sick for a week when doing this diet and she gained 4.5 lbs.
I am now 251 lbs and am shocked how quickly I gained 12 lbs in 4 weeks.
I didn't want to blog about this but I don't think it is fare to share all the good and not be honest about the challenges and bad results from wrong choices. I have a choice to give up, get back on track or try to do it bit by bit. I started this at 282 lbs and lost 43 lbs in under 3 months. I know I can keep going and learn a lot from this experience, so I will. I told everyone I know that I was doing this because I need accountability and encouragement. I have in the past given up on other diets and I know this is common for many people to do so. I do not want to be like my past, I do not want to be like others who have given up, I do not want to go back to 282 lbs or higher, I do not want to be diagnosed with diabetes, I want to be able to have fun running around with the kids, I don't want to be thinking about being overweight everyday, I want to buy a new suit and feel really good putting it on.
I am wanting to be around 185 lbs by the time summer is over. I want to focus on losing 2 - 3 lbs a week and sometimes I may be able to even lose 5, we'll see. I will not give up, I will press forward.
I also see this as a lesson that I will never be able to go back to my old ways if I want to stay at my ideal weight when I get there. I will need to be trained over the coming months to eat in moderation so when I start to eat other foods that are not part of the diet, I can do it in a way that does not gain weight.
~ Jeremy
Saturday, March 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hey Jer,
Thank you for your honesty! -31lbs still makes you a much healthy person than you were a few months ago and that is awesome!! Hang in there. I know you'll continue to be successful!! We're looking forward to visiting out there in 12 weeks...and seeing you at 225lbs!!
Pam
Jer,
You've done very well for the length of time you've been doing this program. Keep working at it! Just remember that this is a lifestyle change and not just something that you're doing for a little while. I know how hard it was for you to blog about it, believe me. However, it is the whole accountability thing that makes you work at it a little harder. This is a new week to start over.
Barb
Post a Comment