Daniel has the mumps!
I took him to the doctor this afternoon and he is certain that Daniel has the Mumps! I have to take him for blood work in the morning to confirm the diagnosis. The doctor also prescribed Daniel some antibiotics in case it is just an infected gland. He has a gland on the right side of his neck that his very enlarged. I'm guessing it's about 2" in diameter. It's very painful and his neck is very stiff.
So for the next couple days we are pretty much quarantined to our house. I had to phone my daycare families to let them know that I am not able to care for their children. The doctor figures that Daniel should be good to go back to school on Thursday. I'm sure by then I'll be ready for him to go!
Tonight Daniel prayed before bedtime (usually Jeremy or I pray but tonight Daniel wanted to). It was so sweet. "Dear Jesus, Could you please heal my neck? Could you make it better "some other time" (translation: tonight / tomorrow)? Thank you, Amen.
Oh the faith of a child!
Monday, March 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Leanne, I guess that it makes sense now that he was saying his neck was sore last week. Poor thing. I hope he gets the rest he needs and that he recooperates quickly.
Karen (sis)
Oh I'm sorry to hear that. I remember having that as a child and it wasn't too pleasant. It is pretty rare now with the immunisation against it; it is called MMR here (Measles, Mumps and Rubella), most likely the same for you all? Not sure , but I guess it isn't always 100% fullproof.
I hope your wee man gets better very soon.
Post a Comment