I'm realizing that the past few posts have been mainly about medical stuff and here I am again about to write about more!
I just thought I'd take a moment to update you on how we're doing. Basically, Jeremy & the kids are fine. We haven't heard back about a surgery date for Becca, Daniel's side effects seem to be subsiding (yeah!), and Jeremy is ready to get back to losing weight (the scale gave him a reality check this morning).
As far as how I'm doing, well, that's a loaded question! It seems to be my turn with all the medical concerns. I had a nasty cold over Spring Break but seem to be over that now (with minor coughing when I get tired). My newest adventure is a kidney infection! I was silly & didn't take care of a bladder infection when I should have. I figured I could flush it out with water & cranberry juice, but alas, it didn't work.
Sunday night (early Monday morning - 3:45am to be exact) I went to the Emergency with extreme pain in my back, knowing it was a kidney infection. I've had one once before when we were first married. I got home about 6am in time to sleep an hour only to get up to take kids to school. Monday things got much better. Yesterday afternoon/evening things took a turn for the worse. We went to our church Care Group and by the time we left I knew I was going to be visiting the Emergency again. I dropped off our babysitter then headed to the hospital.
I was very thankful for a doctor who seemed very thorough. He feels that my antibiotics are working but just haven't fixed things enough for my kidneys yet. Because of that, I had extra antibiotics through an IV last night. It took 3 attempts for the nurse to find a good vein (something about having lots of valves), but she managed to get it in. I was so special that they let me keep it in all night & all day today (yes, typing with an IV stuck in my hand is rather precarious). I get to go back again this evening for another dose of drugs via IV. After that, my special-ness is supposed to end...they'll take my IV out. I have a follow up appointment tomorrow with my doctor & Friday evening my regular antibiotics will be done. I'm hoping that I'll be finished with this craziness soon!
A friend shared today on her CarePages (a way for her to update people on her battle with breast cancer) some verses from Job. Job is suffering immensely when his wife tells him to "curse God and die!" Job responds by saying, "Shall we accept good from God, and not trouble?" I know Job's and my friend's examples are much more extreme than my current situation, but I know I can still learn something from them. This morning I didn't feel like reading my Bible but knew God was prompting me to, so finally this afternoon I spent some time reading. Nothing profound jumped out at me, but rather a quiet reassurance that things will be okay. Even if my kidneys are causing me pain and my hand hurts from the IV, I will feel much better if I focus on God (and I do). My heart is at peace again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh yuck, that does not sound fun. I hate IV's, they are so uncomfortable...I know that feeling. I hope you start to feel better soon, and that the rest of your family is healthy too.
Kidney ailments are SO painful. I pray you have a speeding recovery asap.
Blessings to you and your family.
Post a Comment