Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Weight Loss Update

Here it is Wednesday and I haven't posted Jeremy's weight loss results for this week. He actually didn't weigh in on Monday, so stepped on the scale yesterday morning. The results:

Minus 2 = 230 lbs

And, just thought I'd let you know - I have been wearing my wedding rings to bed the past few nights. So what?, you may ask.

Well, since I was pregnant with Becca I haven't been able to wear my wedding rings. I may have been able to wear them briefly after she was born but I can't remember. But for at least the first 3 years after Becca was born, I wasn't able to wear them because I had gained too much weight.

Over the past year I have been losing weight and have been able to wear my wedding band - but only sometimes. If it was too hot out, my fingers would swell and my ring wouldn't fit. I certainly couldn't wear it to bed. I remember one night I accidentally wore my ring to bed and I woke up in the night because my finger hurt from my ring!

Over the past few months I have been able to wear both rings during the day (unless it was really hot & my fingers were too swollen). But now, I have been wearing both rings day & night. I'm so excited! It is another sign that I'm getting back to my almost pre-pregnancy weight. Yahoo! That and the fact that I can now wear my wedding rings when I'm out in public with a bunch of kids in tow! I like having that symbol on my finger stating my life-long commitment to someone I love dearly.

3 comments:

Susan said...

Good for you and Jeremy!!!
Susan

Anonymous said...

Way to go guys!! That's awesome!
Pam

Anonymous said...

Wow! I am impressed Leanne. It must feel great to have your rings on your fingers again. I am so happy that Jeremy is still losing pounds. What a lot of work you have both been doing. Karen