Monday, January 28, 2008

Friends and ...Motorcycles!

On Friday, a friend of Daniel's called to plan a play date. So Jonathon came over and played. Shortly before it was time for him to leave they found the marbles and magnets (I think it's called Magnetix or something). They had a great time being creative! I love it when they use their imaginations!





Then, on Saturday, Jeremy and Daniel went with Jonathan and his dad, Devon, to the motorcycle show at the Tradex. They had fun dreaming and drooling over all the bikes! For those of you who don't know, Jeremy has ridden motorcycles since he was 16yrs old. The last one he had he remodeled and fixed it up. We owned it up until Becca was a baby and then finally sold it. It just wasn't practical transportation for a young family and was just another expense.
A couple years ago, Jeremy & I went to Palm Springs for a week and rented a Harley Electra Glide for the day (I told Jeremy that if we were going to ride for the day that I wanted comfort!). We drove from Palm Springs over to Oceanside (absolutely gorgeous!), down to La Jolla and then back to Palm Springs. Our backsides were sore at the end of the day - but it was soooo worth it!

Anyway, back to reality! So, the "guys" were at the motorcycle show. Have you ever wondered how many times Jesus protects us? I'm sure there are many times that we don't even know about. Well, Saturday was one of those times where you knew that He was watching over and protecting us. The guys took a break from walking around and at the Motorcycle show and went upstairs to have a snack. While sitting and relaxing, Jeremy looked around to check on Daniel. Jeremy's heart stopped! There was a metal railing at the edge of the upper level of the Tradex stopping people from falling over and way down to the cement floor! Of course, Daniel had found a spot that he could fit through and was on the other side of the railing - the only thing stopping him from falling down many feet to the cement floor was the air! Air doesn't hold you up very well! Jeremy jumped up and grabbed Daniel and pulled him back to safety. Aside from Daniel hitting his face on the railing while he was being rescued, he was fine. Yet another reminder of God's protection on our family!

4 comments:

Keith - Kristen said...

Wow, thank goodness for His protection! But what? No pictures of them on the pink scooter? :) What a fun father - son day. Very special!

The Olson's: said...

Good eyes! I hadn't even noticed the pink scotter! That would have been a great picture, tho! I forgot to mention, but Becca & I had a Mommy & Daughter day. We went to Future Shop and bought her a "My Little Pony" movie, picked up Tim Bits and Wendy's for lunch. She fell asleep on the way home, had a nap then finally watched her movie! Great way to spend a snowy Saturday!

Anonymous said...

Praise God for quick judgement on Jeremy's part! Glad to hear that the day had a good ending and that you and Becca had a good time, too.
Love Karen (sis)

The Olson's: said...

Karen,
The whole "incident" brought back memories for Jeremy of when Becca fell off the back deck. What is it with our children?! Thankfully, again, God's angels were working overtime!