This year Jeremy took the Friday off from work and I was able to juggle things with my babysitting jobs, therefore enabling me to leave in the afternoon instead of my usual "after supper" time. It was great, driving up with all the ladies. We stopped for supper at a restaurant in Hope (the camp is just a few minutes outside of Hope). Mmmmm! The food was good and the pie was even better! Good memories!
(Cassandra, Shauna & Christa)
Then, we chugged off to the camp - full tummies and all! And what a great weekend we had. My only disappointment was that I was so tired from all the babysitting I had been doing (I had just finished working for 14 days straight). I managed to stay awake for a bit (okay, 'til 1am!) - chocolate & pop has a way of doing that! But once that sugar wore off, I was done! Apparently there's some rumor going around that I was asleep in 7 minutes and that they weren't able to get to sleep right away because of me! I have no idea what they're talking about! (Wink! Wink!)
(Bonnie & Yvonne)
Our friend from church, Laurel, spoke at our retreat this year. She spoke on redemption; specifically, "Jesus, our Redeemer". It's a word that isn't often used but has a lot of meaning to it. Basically redemption means: "to deliver from sin and its consequences by means of a sacrifice offered for the sinner". So basically, if we believe Jesus is our redeemer then we believe that He has freed us (forgiven us) from our sin. He is the only one who can do that for us because He died on a cross and three days later came alive again. When he died, he took on Himself all the sins of the world - past, present & future sins! What a load! What a gift to us! And if we accept this gift, then we can live in Heaven with Jesus after we die!
Laurel reminded us ladies that all of us are beautiful in God's eyes. Why? Because we were made in His image. That was a good reminder for me to see other people (particularily those I might not enjoy very much) through God's eyes because they are made in His image as well!
(Some ladies I DO enjoy!
Yvonne, Leslie, Marlene & Laurel)
(Shauna, Me, Christa & Bonnie)
One of the songs we sang that weekend had some words that meant a lot to me.
Lord, with all my heart I worship You
All I have within me, I give You praise
All that I adore is in You.
Lord, I give You my heart, I give you my soul
I live for You alone
Every breath that I take, every moment I'm awake
Lord have Your way in me."
On the Sunday morning, we had communion together. The word communion means: "to converse or talk together with profound intensity". I left that weekend encouraged to continue forward in my Christian walk. My desire to connect deeper with God grew stronger too. As I spend time reading my bible and praying I am excited about conversing with profound intensity with God.
1 comment:
I'm sorry I had to miss that. Sounds like a good weekend! Nice photos.
Post a Comment